Monday, June 1, 2009

So I watched the MTV Movie Awards, don't stone me!
However, it was bad. If you didn't watch it, all you missed was one long awkward moment only broken by: Andy Samberg's fake "New Moon" trailer, the real Harry Potter 6 trailer, Kristen Stewart dropping her award (unfortunately, it didn't break - that would have been really funny), Kiefer Sutherland's amazing crying bit and Eminem storming out after a nearly naked angel landed on him. Luckily, for the producers, it was after his performance which didn't really look or sound like he was actually singing. I wouldn't want a penis pouch of some German-sounding angel on my face either, Eminiem, but have a sense of humor & just laugh it off. Face it, no one takes you as seriously as you think they do - and if you dish it out you have to be able to take it as well.
One other disappointment, Twilight won everything. Don't get me wrong, I love the book & Robert Pattinson is extremely good looking, but he will never compare to the Edward I created in my mind. And Kristen Stewart, I'm sure she's a really fun & smart girl, but every time she opens her mouth I feed depressed. Bella is not supposed to be a Debbie Downer when she's with Edward! People in love are supposed to be happy! so laugh a little please!
Although many of Samberg's jokes faltered or flew right over the audience's head, his opening was genius. He started in the bathroom stall in Slumdog Millionaire, got covered in poop, and magically appeared if Forks, Washington. There, Edward Cullen seemed a little put-off by his smell, and then Kate Winslet bathed him. Before it got too racy, he was beamed up to the Star-Trek ship & then quickly beamed back down, naked, into Justin Timberlake's limo, but I don't thing Timberlake was even present at the show. Oh well, it was still pretty funny.

Upsets
Bella & Edward's kiss beat Jamal & Latika's kiss (in Slumdog Millionaire) for best kiss
"The Climb" by Miley Cyrus (for Hannah Montana the Movie) beat "Jai-Ho" (for Slumdog) for best song in a movie
Jim Carrey (for "Yes Man") beat James Franco (for "Pineapple Express) for best comedic performance
And most importantly, I didn't have ONE amazing fashion moment. I'm sure if I go through all the pictures from the red carpet I will find some dresses I like (and I probably will do that in the near future) but not one outfit captured me right away & that was a huge let down.

picture taken from a video at perezhilton.com

No comments:

Post a Comment